You can’t choose your family, but you can and do select your friends. I’ve been blessed with an amazing family, and I’ve also been blessed with wonderful friends from all over the globe. There’s a magic about friendship that’s difficult to explain. Each friend, having the ability to understand a different part of you.
I hadn’t seen or heard from my childhood school friends for over twenty years. I guess you can say life got in the way somehow. However, I always thought of them, and they always thought of me. A week ago (True Story!) we found each other on Facebook, and it was literally as if we never parted. An amazing experience! We decided to have a group video chat; the first encounter in over twenty years, and all grown up, we were giggling like teenagers again for hours! You see, there’s a different kind of love in real friendship, being a part of each other’s lives is all that’s wanted, nothing else! It’s an intangible respect and acceptance between people no matter how different they may be, that time can never take away.
Genuine friendships are beautiful gifts from God. It’s a blessing to have them, and it’s also a blessing to be a great friend. Let’s look at some of the characteristics of a good friend.
- Good friends are fun to be around.
2. Good friends are trustworthy.
3. You can depend on good friends.
4. Good friends don’t judge you.
5. Good friends accept and respect each other’s differences.
6. Good friends love you the way you are.
7. Good friends never try to change you.
8. Good friends are confident in their own lives.
9. Good friends are supportive.
10. Good friends don’t find it difficult to apologize when they are wrong.
11. Good friends are good listeners and want the best for you.
12. Good friends are always there for you.
To all my magnificent friends; thank you for being a part of my life and being beautiful rainbows in all my clouds.